The integration stage is often the beginning of the merger process, not the end, and having an experienced intermediary on hand to help maintain momentum can be vital.
At the integration stage, activities often involve the entire staff and not just the senior management and boards. A particular challenge is trying to manage day to day activity while introducing new ways of working, new IT and new surroundings. Good integration is done in a timely fashion.
What does our service include?
- Finalising constitutional and legal issues, working with lawyers to make sure the right processes are in place and third parties have been notified
- Transfer and restructuring, including making sure staffing arrangements for transfers and conditions of employment are adhered to
- Finalising governance, making sure that trustees of both parties are in agreement with new composition of board arrangements
- Integrating office arrangements and systems efficiently, while giving thought to staff sensitivities and challenges posed by new environments
- Integrating financial arrangements, including consolidated accounts and establishing a good working relationship with your regulator
- Integrating organisational cultures, by recognising and managing your differences
- Rebranding and integrating communications
- Supporting and optimising your launch
- Giving an evaluation report to the new board a year or so after merger
Our Good Merger Guide contains more information about implementation and integration for mergers.
Please contact us on 020 7250 8334 or email email@example.com to discuss how we can help your organisation make a transformational change by providing specialist advice and support.