Interview skills workshop for career changers moving into the not-for-profit sector – an inspiring and practical workshop designed to help you move into the not-for-profit sector and get the job you love.
Your CV and cover letter will get you to the interview, but once you are there it is how you come across to the panel, what you really say about yourself and how you say it – verbally and non-verbally – that will determine whether you get the job. This can be tough even when you are moving within your own sector and profession, but when you are changing sectors it can be even more challenging, particularly if you haven’t done an interview for a long time! Fortunately, we are here to help you.
As part of the Eastside Primetimers Foundation’s new Career Change programme, we are running a workshop on interview skills. By the end of the workshop you will:
- Understand the different elements of a typical assessment process and how to prepare for and handle the different elements
- Know how to present yourself to your best advantage at all stages
- Learn techniques to help you feel calm and confident before and during the interview
- Understand how to use your non-verbal communication skills to best effect
- Learn how to deal succinctly with competency-based and other types of questions, including the tricky ones!
- Identify the right questions you need to ask in the interview to emphasise what you bring, your values and qualities, as well as to understand what is really on offer
- What to do after the interview
For over ten years now the Eastside Primetimers Foundation has been helping people make a positive change in their lives and make a difference in the world through working in the not-for-profit sector. This might be in a paid role, as a volunteer, as a Board member or through working on a specific project as a paid consultant or on a pro bono basis.
Based on our experience and connections, we can give you a straight-talking view of the sector, what it has to offer you, how you would benefit, how to get involved and how to get yourself ready.
Date, time and location
This event will be held Friday November 29th 2019 at Greencoat Place Conference Centre, 24 Greencoat Place, London, SW19 1RD. Arrive for 9.30am for a prompt start at 10am and a 4pm finish.
+44 (0) 20 7798 6031 | www.uk.iofc.org | http://www.greencoatplace.org/assets/how-to-find-us.pdf
Number of participants: 12
To secure your place now contact Dawn McNulty at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fee: £30 payable on invoice by BACS
Date / time
Date(s) - 29/11/2019
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Greencoat Place Conference Centre