This is an inspiring and practical workshop for career changers moving into the not-for-profit sector, designed to help you reshape your CV, demonstrate what you have to offer and get the job you love.
One of the toughest things about changing sector is demonstrating how your experience, skills and knowledge are relevant and how, even without having worked in that environment before, you have lots to offer and would be a great fit for your target organisation.
Employers want to know who you really are, what you can do as well as what you have achieved. They want to know if you will be a good match for their organisation, if you will be the person they are looking for whether that is someone to develop a new area of business or someone to solve specific problems that are keeping them awake at night.
A CV is not the ideal way of getting to know who someone really is, but it is the starting point for most appointments so getting yours in great shape is critical. When you’re not face to face with someone it can be difficult to convey your personality, qualities and commitment and so you need to make sure your CV does the talking for you.
As part of the Eastside Primetimers Foundation’s new Career Change programme, we are running a workshop on interview skills. By the end of the workshop you will:
- Be able to tell your own story in way that conveys what is unique, special and valuable about you
- Have a clear sense of your USP – your attributes, skills, knowledge, experience and achievements and how you can transfer these to a new sector and a new challenge
- Be able to present these in an effective way for different opportunities adapting your CV for the audience
- Be able to sell your skills and abilities, conveying what you can do, not just what you have done
- Know how to craft a powerful personal statement that creates a positive impression
- Understand the benefits and limitations of different types of CV and have a clear map for creating your own flexible CV that you can tailor as required.
For over ten years now the Eastside Primetimers Foundation has been helping people make a positive change in their lives and make a difference in the world through working in the not-for-profit sector. This might be in a paid role, as a volunteer, as a Board member or through working on a specific project as a paid consultant or on a pro bono basis.
Based on our experience and connections, we can give you a straight-talking view of the sector, what it has to offer you, how you would benefit, how to get involved and how to get yourself ready.
Date, time and location
This event will be held Friday November 1st 2019 at Greencoat Place Conference Centre, 24 Greencoat Place, London, SW19 1RD. Arrive for 9.00am for a prompt start at 9.30am and 12.30pm finish.
+44 (0) 20 7798 6031 | www.uk.iofc.org | http://www.greencoatplace.org/assets/how-to-find-us.pdf
Number of participants: 12
To secure your place now contact Dawn McNulty at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fee: £30 payable on invoice by BACS
Date / time
Date(s) - 01/11/2019
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Greencoat Place Conference Centre