At the Eastside Primetimers Foundation, we have been providing career change support for people moving into the not-for-profit (NFP) sector for over 10 years now and we know how important it is to understand the challenges and benefits it offers, how to find the right opportunity and how to stay motivated and energised even when it all feels a bit overwhelming. This is why in response to increasing demand for our help and support, we are launching our new Career Change Programme.
Drawing on our extensive experience and network of social leaders and consultants, this light touch Programme will help you identify and secure the right opportunities, learn from and gain support from others in similar situations and develop great contacts.
The Programme takes place over six months. Through the power of insights from people working in the NFP sector, expert career coaching workshops and individual support, plus a series of Peer Action Learning sessions we will equip you with the tools, techniques and knowledge you need to make your career change a success including:
- Practical advice and guidance with finding and securing the right opportunity including how to present yourself, your experience, skills and knowledge in the best way possible online, through your CV and at interview
- A learning and development experience that enables you to sustain your energy and commitment to achieve your ambitions by meeting regularly and working collectively with a small group of people in similar situations
- Insights into the sector from experienced leaders and career shifters concerning the challenges, opportunities and issues and what these mean for you in considering your next step
- How to make a positive impact once you start in your new role, navigating the personalities and landscape, identifying the things you need to focus on and looking after your own well-being
- The foundations for a great network of contacts for your future career
- A practical action plan with achievable steps for your career change
The Programme will start with an Introduction Event providing an opportunity to hear from those already working in the sector, as well as meeting and connecting with fellow participants. This will be followed by two practical workshops facilitated by our Foundation Manager and Career Coach Ruth Cane, focusing on helping you create a brilliant CV and hone your interview skills. Ruth will also be available to you throughout the Programme to follow up on any individual issues and challenges you want to address in confidence.
As an experienced career and executive coach, Ruth works with people across the public, private and not-for-profit sectors who are seeking new roles or stepping up to more senior positions – including at board level – and helping them to navigate all stages of the recruitment process, enhance their impact and presence, build trusted relationships and facilitate a positive leadership culture. Her experience of leadership and personal development spans over 25 years in the public and not-for-profit sectors, including external consultancy and senior HR and OD roles. Ruth is inspired by helping people find the work they love, achieving balance and fulfilment in their lives.
The Peer Action Learning Sessions will be facilitated by Owen Jarvis, an experienced social leader and change maker with years of experience in the third sector. Throughout his career Owen has worked alongside career shifters and business professionals and is passionate about bringing new talent into the sector and sharing the skills and knowledge needed for social leadership. Based on our belief that everyone has within them solutions to their own career challenge, you will be part of a small peer group, each with your own career-changing challenge to work on over four sessions and a final review session. Using an Action Learning approach Owen will facilitate the group to share experience, skills and ideas, helping you all stay focused and achieve your goals.
Please click here for more details including dates and locations and FAQs.
As someone who has recently approached us about making a career-change we would like you to be amongst the first to benefit. We are looking for participants with a range of experience who:
- Feel the time is right to act and seriously explore making their career shift
- Would like to be part of a small, supportive group sharing their skills/experience to help everyone move forward
- Are inspired by making a difference, creating impact and finding meaning and purpose in their work
- Can commit to the programme period.
If you would like to be part of the Programme to achieve your career goals, please send a short statement to Dawn McNulty at email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 27th September 2019 setting out what appeals to you about the Programme and what you hope to gain from it. The Programme is limited to six people to allow everyone time to work through their specific challenges in the Action Learning sessions and we will be inviting people with a diverse range of experience, to ensure a variety of perspectives. If we are not able to offer you a place on the full Career Change Programme but are you are still interested in attending one or both of the workshops, please let us know in your statement.
The Programme is largely subsidised by the Eastside Primetimers Foundation, but to make it happen does require an investment on your part. Once you have been invited to join the Programme you will be invoiced for the Programme fee of £400 – payment within 7 days will secure your place.