Job Title: Research and Business Analyst
Salary: £25,000-£30,000 per annum plus benefits
Timescale: full-time, permanent
Do you share our vision for, and commitment to, charities and other organisations delivering social objectives?
Eastside Primetimers is a management consultancy with a difference. Working exclusively on behalf of not-for-profits, we provide support to increase the sustainability and effectiveness of charities and social enterprises. Our aim is to be a critical friend and partner for those that work with people most in need. In addition to a central team of around a dozen, we have a pool of over 100 experienced consultants who deliver our high quality support.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Research and Business Analyst to join our team. As our Research and Business Analyst, your role will focus on coordinating our two-person analyst team, providing and managing research, report writing and analysis, communications, marketing and project support for Eastside Primetimers staff, consultants and clients. This role offers a unique position that will directly expose you to a variety of interesting and varied work streams. You will gain knowledge and experience of the not for profit sector, including carrying out research on various charity sub-sectors, producing reports and attending meetings with our clients, directors and consultants. This is a great opportunity to gain insightful knowledge, invaluable skills and above all work with a wonderful team.
- Research, partner search and project support for partnership and merger research projects
- Market research, both internally and for clients/consultancy projects
- Database management and maintenance
- Researching, writing and launching our annual Good Merger Index of charity sector merger activity
- Contributing to the development of our bimonthly management briefing publication, EP Insights and our quarterly members newsletter
- Overseeing EP’s digital presence via website management, web copy writing, social media management and SEO
- Writing blogs, news pieces and case studies
- Tender writing support (ad hoc)
- Providing leadership and cover as part of the analyst team
- Administrative and research support for our business development teams, including compiling data for marketing campaigns and tracking outcomes
- Supporting the management of events, including 3-6 business development roundtables a year and specialist publication launches
- Co-ordinating the content and distribution of our member e-bulletins (a selection of sector specific news)
- Providing general administrative and operational support to our team, including our staff and consultant service teams
Competencies and requirements:
- 3+ years of experience in a research, business support or marcomms role
- Knowledge or experience of the not-for-profit sector is desirable but not essential. An interest in the not-for-profit sector or social purpose consultancy is a must-have
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to source difficult-to-find information online or by phone
- Experience with marketing and digital campaigns desirable but not essential
- Experience with SEO, Google Analytics and Adwords desirable but not essential
- IT skills (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, social media)
- Existing proficiency with Salesforce or use of other databases is desirable
- Ability to self-manage time and work priorities
- Data analysis/analytics desirable
We are looking for someone who is available full-time for a permanent role.
If you are interested in social change and would like to gain an insight into the world of management consultancy then we would love to hear from you.
Application deadline: 5pm Thursday 29th August
After reviewing applications, we will set up interviews if we are interested in pursuing your application further. Ideal start date in late August/September.
Applicants should send their CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – for further questions ring Elliot Bidgood on 0207 250 8440. Cover letters should outline why you are interested in this role and why you think your skills/experience are a good fit. We are a small consultancy with limited capacity so we may not be able to acknowledge all applicants, but we thank you for your application.