Robes, a charity that aims to relieve poverty among people who are experiencing homelessness in the London boroughs of Southwark and Lambeth, is seeking to appoint a Chief Executive Officer to lead them in developing and delivering services to meet the challenging needs of their guests and respond to the changing external pressures on delivering safe valued provision to support the homeless move away from a life on the streets.
Their future plans are both exciting and challenging as they focus on securing Robes’ vital work in the long-term through a mixture of static shelters and volunteer-supported night shelters and care provision. Securing their first permanent static shelter is a key priority of our Strategic Plan.
The new CEO will lead, motivate, and develop a small team of paid staff and over 800 volunteers to provide emergency winter provision of shelter, food, support and advice in partnership with church groups across Lambeth and Southwark.
Key accountabilities include:
- Working with the Trustees to implement the charity’s 2022-2025 strategy
- Taking the lead in managing Robes through its exciting transition from predominantly rotating shelter provision to the delivery of a static shelter
- Being a great team player and doing what it takes to keep the charity moving forward
- Inspiring the team to work collaboratively with a wide range of other organisations, including Southwark & Lambeth Councils, Housing Justice, Homeless Link, St. Mungo’s and Crisis, to deliver a world class service to every guest, every time
- Leading on the provision of winter night shelters, building our relationships with our church partners and volunteers providing wrap around support including advice services, lunch clubs and move on support
- Ensuring Robes’ annual budget management, fundraising & major donor outreach sustains and growing our financial viability
- Focusing on employee engagement to ensure we manage and coach our staff so that Robes is an inspirational place to work.
What is need to succeed:
- Experience in leading high performing teams in the voluntary or related sectors
- Experience of working with homeless people or have a full understanding of the needs and issues facing homeless people
- Experience in championing collaborative working across partner organisations e.g. churches, volunteers, other charities, local authorities
- Remaining curious, keeping abreast of emerging trends so we keep evolving
- Role modelling our values and behaviours and taking personal accountability
- Ability to make sound decisions and solve problems
- Communicating across different channels, adapting your style to meet the needs of a diverse range of stakeholders.
Robes is a homeless charity providing emergency winter shelter, food and support in partnership with church groups across Lambeth and Southwark. Originally set up to help the homeless during the coldest months of the year, this winter will be their 15th year running their overnight accommodation.
They have also expanded their advice and support services which now operate all year round. Following a detailed strategic review Robes are now looking to acquire a suitable building to launch a static shelter incorporating welfare support, advice and help in moving on to longer-term accommodation and to find work.
How to apply:
Eastside Primetimers is supporting Robes in recruiting for this role. Please download and read the full Candidate Information Pack before applying.Download the Candidate Information Pack
Application is by CV and a covering letter which should indicate why you are interested in applying for the CEO role and how you meet the essential requirements of the role.
Please send this to Renu Gundala, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like a call to discuss the role in more detail, please email Renu to arrange a convenient time.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us on the above email, if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.
The closing date for applications is Friday 25 November 2022, and shortlisting telephone or online interviews will take place on an ongoing basis. We may close the role early, should we receive sufficient number of applications.
Interviews with Robes will take place during the weeks commencing 5th and 12th December 2022.
|Salary||£45,000- £55,000 pa dependent on experience|
|Hours||Full time, 38 hours pw|
|Location||Southwark Cathedral’s Link premises (London Bridge), Hybrid Working|
|Direct Reports||Currently Three: Advice workers X 2 (likely to expand with two additional roles) and Shelter and Service Manager. Static Shelter Manager (2023)|
|Benefits||· 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
· Annual training budget
· Enhanced sick pay policy
· Enhanced family friendly policies
· Day off for your Birthday
· Pension – employer/employee contribution
· Death in service life assurance
· Cycle to work scheme
· Season ticket loan
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.