Independent management consultant and interim executive, with deep experience in the corporate and not-for-profit sectors in the UK and overseas. Expertise in organisational strategy and operational excellence, with a particular focus on M&A, new operating models, business process improvement and finance transformation. Chartered accountant, chartered management consultant and six sigma black belt.
Key skills & experience
After a successful corporate career with PwC and Logica, Chris became an independent consultant in 2015, giving him flexibility to work across both the corporate and not-for-profit sectors.
His third sector experience began with a military museum where he was trustee and volunteer treasurer. He led the successful fundraising for the redevelopment of the museum, winning a National Lottery Grant, and then led a strategy to implement new technologies and attract new audiences. Chris is now chair of the museum trust, focused on governance and volunteer development.
Chris is also a trustee of The Heritage Alliance and All We Can, a Court Member of the Worshipful Company of Management Consultants and a Visiting Lecturer at City University’s Business School.
- Lead Consultant for the review of income planning and forecasting processes at an INGO
- Interim head of Finance Capability, leading a major finance transformation programme at Plan International, one of the largest INGOs in International Development. This has involved organisational restructuring, skills development, process improvement and new systems implementation.
- Leadership of a major resilience project to enhance the Heritage Alliance’s membership offer and financial sustainability, and to develop project management capability to deliver sector-wide Covid recovery projects
- Independent assessor for Youth Business International , accrediting member organisations in Nigeria, Armenia and (online under lockdown) Mongolia.
- Mentor for the CEO of High Ground, advising on governance and growth strategies. For XLP, working with marginalised youth in inner London, supported the finance director to evaluate new accounting systems.
- Finance process and controls improvement assignments and coaching of directors with small local NGOs in Rwanda and Malawi and with Congolese refugee micro-enterprises in Kenya and Uganda.