Crispin is a health and social care specialist who works with NHS organisations, local authorities and not-for-profit organisations, to develop business cases, plans, market analyses, and bids against tenders. His specialism comes from over 20 years in primary care and working with GPs, as well as, previous experience as Director of Primary Care in a PCT.
The majority of Crispin’s work over the last 7 years has been supporting not-for-profits to achieve growth. He has also worked as Turnaround Director to challenged NHS bodies, and taken Director-level lead for integrated commissioning between health and social care.
Key skills & experience
- 25 years in NHS management, including substantial time in Director level posts.
- Several years as Head of Service and Director on interim basis for local authorities, establishing and developing joint commissioning with the NHS, including managing all grants to the third sector.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of commissioning.
- Support for development of bids against tenders.
- Social Impact analysis and management to increase social impact.
- Led a multi-faceted support programme for a social care organisation, including coordinating partners to develop a successful bid for a £6m contract for wellbeing services.
- Developed a revised model of service, market analysis, support for tender for a housing association.
- Developed model and supported business case for the not-for-profit sector to engage with the NHS and County Council through a single contracting mechanism.