A strong collaborative leader and facilitator with excellent stakeholder and communications skills, and over 17 years’ experience of management consultancy, programme delivery and project management. Long track record of successfully leading teams and directing complex change programmes in the health and social care sector. Deborah excels at providing independent strategic advice and tangible improvements to public sector organisations and the third sector.
Key skills & experience
- • Strategy development, planning and implementation
• Charity mergers
• Charity boards and governance
• Leading, mobilising and managing teams and consultancy assignments
• Facilitation, design and delivery of strategic and operational workshops
• Integration of health and social care
• Stakeholder management, engagement and communications
• Project and Programme Management (MSP and PRINCE2 accredited)
• Accredited OGC Reviewer for Department of Business, Innovation and Skills
• Business case development
• Business development and client account management
• Design and delivery of consultancy skills training
• Deborah was Interim Chief Executive for a leading London drug and alcohol charity where she launched their 3-5 year strategy and finalised a merger with a local charity consolidating services in one London Borough.
• As Executive Director of Merger Transition for Humankind Deborah brokered and led the successful merger process of two regional charities to form a national charity, starting from initial discussions and selection of preferred partner right through to successful completion of full merger within a 12 month timeframe. The work included establishing shared business development arrangements pre-merger, the production of a joint business case and facilitation of all the Board to Board meetings, gaining buy in from Trustees in both organisations, leading the due diligence process managing third party advisors and achieving sign off from both Boards. Deborah worked with both Chairs and CEOs and the respective leadership teams to then plan, integrate and programme manage the joining up of teams, strategies, systems, policies, contracts and services to successfully complete the merger.
• Hampshire County Council and Hampshire Hospitals NHS Trust: In partnership with the Social Care Institute of Excellence (SCIE) led a whole system governance report for the Hampshire and Isle of Wight (HIOW) health and social care system exploring options for oversight of integration and transformation at a system wide scale.