Derrick Turner is a Chartered Management Accountant and an experienced Finance Director, having specialised in property and real estate for the past 17 years. He has worked in all types of organisation from large listed corporate entities to small start-ups, and served as a non-executive director/trustee for several voluntary and charitable organisations.
With over 20 years’ post-qualification experience, Derrick is well noted for his expertise in relationship building, leadership, and transforming poorly performing teams.
Key skills & experience
- Strategic financial and business planning advice
- Complex financial modelling with risk assessment
- Improving quality of management information at board and executive level
- Dynamic leadership, team/individual development and restructuring
- Efficient funding structures and banking relationships
- Resolving complex historic accounting issues
- Process re-engineering, mapping and documentation, systems appraisal
- Business planning and project consultancy for a wildlife hospital and rescue service
- Business planning, financial modelling and systems advice for a community centre diversifying into property development
- Treasurer, Vice-Chair and member of RHP’s audit and investment committees – Co-op Homes South, a registered provider of social housing and services to housing co-operativaes, part of the Richmond Housing Partnership