A highly motivated strategic and systems thinker able to quickly assess situations, diagnose problems & identify solutions. Recognised for seeing the big picture and providing independent judgement. A Chartered Engineer who has built on this solid foundation to work in a variety of technical, management and board roles. Delivers to customer expectations with a structured and collaborative approach to assignments, being a good team facilitator. Wide ranging experience from capital design & build to culture change and business system & process improvement projects which have also drawn on good training and coaching skills. A proactive, energetic person who is also pragmatic and adaptable.
Key skills & experience
- Governance – an independent thinker driven by strong values, experienced in developing and chairing boards
- Consultancy – good diagnostic and problem- solving skills
- Programme, Project and Change Management – scoping work based on benefits delivery, setting up projects taking account of both change understanding (people elements) and the risk picture to ensure success
- Communication – well developed listening and questioning skills
- Collaborative Working – a track record of working constructively with people at all levels in complex national organisations
- Lean Six Sigma Process Improvement – a Black Belt – projects as diverse as optimising equipment re-deployment systems and student enrolment approach
- Board Development – Supporting a board to improve their processes and ways of working. Working with them to develop a 3-5 year strategy as well as helping put in place a new annual plan
- Lab Equipment Demand & Acquisition Programme – Stakeholder management & influencing of senior stakeholders to get business buy-in to develop this new cross-functional process. Lean approach to developing the Demand process.