Kirk helps not-for-profits to develop all aspects of their operational models, bringing an enthusiastic, empathetic and straightforward approach to working on a wide range of projects. He combines a strong ‘can do’ work ethic with a sense of pragmatism and importantly, a sense of humour.
After 20 years in the financial sector, Kirk followed his passion for sport as a means to engage with and help people, give something back to society and pursue his desire for a second career in the Third Sector. Kirk has extensive experience in the Sport for Development (SFD), Not for Profit and Social Investment sectors.
Key skills & experience
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Partnership building and key stakeholder management
- SFD programme development and implementation
- Measurement & Evaluation and social impact measurement
- Corporate Social Responsibility (strategy and implementation)
- Working with quasi-Governmental and funding bodies
- Structuring and managing social investment funding
- Interim CEO roles
- Board roles – NED, Chair and Trustee.
- Advisory role assisting on FSE (a social investment fund) in the development of the Early Years Investment Fund (EYIF) to support the DfE roll out of 30 hours free pre-school childcare
- Black Prince Trust SFD charity – initial role as Interim CEO responsible for: designing and implementing new strategy; partnership management and development; overhaul of financial reporting and governance model; development of new M&E system; fund-raising strategy
- Magic Bus (largest SFD charity in India) – initially an advisory role on UK strategy development leading to Interim CEO (Europe) role responsible for: restructuring the European operations; initiating and implementing a new funding strategy; overseeing UK programme delivery; overseeing the recruitment, accounting and governance functions.
- Street League – leading UK SFD charity – developed and initiated the social franchise model
Kirk’s key areas of interest include: the sport and leisure sector (with a focus on Sport for Development); healthcare (physical and mental health); social care; education; social inclusion; the social enterprise model; social investment methodology (social impact bonds etc).