Mel has over 25 years experience in managing and implementing external communications and marketing strategy. She has diverse experience in engagement and outreach consultancy for sustainability projects and funds, specialising in environment and communities.
Key skills & experience
Mel has worked and volunteered extensively in the private and not-for-profit sectors, both b2b and b2c.
- Inter-generational and intra-community engagement in the creative, cultural and well-being sectors in partnership with charities, voluntary groups and arts practitioners
- Environmental and energy projects for private companies, fund managers and community-based initiatives
Key skills include:
- Strategic planning and implementation for communications, marketing and business development including PR/media relations
- Brand management
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Social Impact communications for private companies and funds
- Creative strategy
- Resilient Heritage Fund
- In partnership with charities, voluntary groups and community-based venues, Mel produces events focused on creative enrichment to help foster community engagement. A learn-by-doing approach emphasises participation regardless of experience.
- Combining an artistic streak with an undergraduate degree in politics, Mel facilitates creativity workshops for young people and adults to explore community and societal themes.
Since 2016 Mel has partnered with horticulture therapy charity, Thrive Battersea Park in London. She curates Locals’ Art Hut at Thrive’s Main Garden for their Open Days and the Chelsea Fringe Festival, and during other festivals including Community Business Weekend and Get Creative UK.
· UnLtd Star People Award
· GRI Certificate, Sustainability Reporting Process
· Independent Curating, Central St Martin’s College, London
· UK Certificate in Investment Management (L3)
· Postgraduate Certificate in Management