Melvyn enjoys growing organisations, building brands and reputations, transforming organisations and forging partnerships.
Key skills & experience
- Understands how digital innovation can help organisations to grow or transform, to personalize services or operate across boundaries.
- Knows how to build complex partnerships to deliver growth and shared outcomes, aligned to government policies and investment priorities.
- Enjoys building brands, growing reputations and influencing stakeholders to deliver social value.
- Passionate about facilitating executive teams to create a Growth Mindset and maximizing the potential of Boards.
As an Advisor
- Aligning Microsoft’s services and social capital across Greater Manchester supporting the Mayor’s digital strategy for citizens, businesses, education and public service transformation.
- Leading Microsoft ‘s engagement across public, private and third sector in Staffordshire to support the Smart Staffordshire agenda, utilising digital skills programmes to support economic growth.
- Facilitating a four-year partnership between Microsoft and Scottish Government to deliver 3000 plus qualified, employed Digital Apprentices.
As a NED
- Co-creating a Growth plan for a small charity’s mental health services.
- Developing a Business Plan for a Community Hub with a Christian ethos, combining Arts & Culture with serving the most vulnerable.
- Creating an Assurance framework to enable and measure growth through an integrated approach to marketing, business development & partnerships.