Owen has substantial experience of working in leadership roles in social enterprises, charities and consultancies. He helps individuals and teams navigate key points of transition or development to enhance their social or environmental impact and overall effectiveness, including strategy development, exploring new opportunities, reconnecting/testing opportunities with user-needs, identifying funds and investment opportunities.
Key skills & experience
- Many years of working in leadership roles in social enterprises, charities and consultancies.
- Experience in business start-up, service design, user-research, business growth strategies.
- Master’s Degree in Community Enterprise with published papers
- Clore Social Leadership Fellow with a published paper (When Bees Meet Trees) on how organisations can collaborate to achieve social innovation.
- Leading strategy development with boards
- Project & programme management
- Building business cases for change and new services/markets
- Engaging senior stakeholders through transformation life-cycle
- Lean and systems thinking
- Business analysis & process improvement
- Change management
- Service design, and prototyping
- Action learning associate qualified facilitator
- Working alongside senior management and trustees of an established charity to develop a feasibility study and design proposal on a £2m proposed redevelopment of offices and accommodation
- Development of a £1m funding strategy for a not-for-profit organisation
- A user-insight report on experiences of young people using the services of an experiential learning organisation and rural retreat centre, with recommendations for increasing participation and engagement.
- Feasibility study and business model for an eco-hostel providing accommodation and programmes on sustainability for young people