Paul Venning has an impressive track record and wealth of experience in executive search and human resources consultancy. His primary focus has been on recruitment, retention, organisational design, benchmarking and development of key talent. Key sectors include not for profit, consumer financial services, payments, e-commerce and professional services.
He has extensive experience across different cultures and industries in both the private and public sector from blue chips through to start ups and small medium organisations. Over the last seven years Paul has increased his active involvement with SME charities and not for profit organisations.
Paul is passionate about enabling individuals and organisations realise their strengths and ambitions, and believes most hold the key to their success already – “it’s just that they need the right relevant support to use existing and/or new resources and identify the most effective pathway to make it happen and make a difference!”
MIoD (Institute of Directors) – fully accredited, Parish Councillor, Trustee – Action with Communities in Rural Kent. Paul holds an MBA from London Business School.
Key skills & experience
- Marketing & Business Strategy; planning through to tactical implementation
- HR: Key staff recruitment, mentoring and succession planning
- Team effectiveness & dynamics
- Financial planning & income development
- Cyber Threat Risk awareness & mitigation
- Problem solving, out of the box new ideas generator – tech savvy!
- Feasibility planning & options appraisals
- Trusted advisor, sounding board and confidante
- Options Appraisal – major charitable trust in the leisure sector faced with refurb or new build decision and looking to engage key partnerships in health and well-being, adult social care, community services (Big Potential)
- Turnaround and Strategic Planning for charity focussing on low risk offender training and ex offender employment readiness (Lloyds Bank Foundation)
- Trustee – Action with Communities in Rural Kent – Chair of Marketing & Development Group – projects include Loneliness and Exclusion, alternative membership, alternative income streams, social enterprise, social media & website redevelopment, GDPR readiness, cyber threat staff awareness training