Phil is an innovative and motivating leader, and problem solver with strong programme management skills. He has a strong track record in leading teams, managing complex projects, building collegiate partnerships and improving business performance.
Phil has experience of both the public and private sectors and has worked in highly complex organisations and environments. Combining both strategic and direct, hands-on experience, he is particularly effective at seeing ‘through the noise’; clarifying and understanding a problem and identifying potential solutions through a collegiate approach.
Key skills & experience
Phil has a wide range of transferable skills including: strategic planning, programme and project management, general management, people management, process development, coaching, marketing, stakeholder and partnership engagement, bid writing, presenting, copy writing.
He is highly motivated by helping and supporting organisations that add value to society and improve the lives and prospects of individuals.
Phil builds strong partnerships quickly and gets on well with people he works with. He is highly focussed and works hard to ensure the job gets done.
- University of East London: Interim Director Hospitality and Tourism Academy:
- Nacro: Project Manager Bail Accommodation and Support Services Exit Strategy
- Qualifications Wales: Expert Advisor on sector qualification review
- Pearson Learning: Development of Higher National Diplomas (HNDs)
- Lantra: Research into factors constraining the supply of skilled staff into industry
- People 1st: Research into demand for training and education services in overseas markets
- University for Industry (UfI): Evaluation of funding bids and proposals
- JAUPT: Audit and quality assurance of national training programmes
- Institute of Hospitality Professional Body: Review and revision of management standards