Robin has over 15 years experience as an independent public relations, integrated communication and marketing professional. He has attracted project, retainer and interim management commissions from major UK and transnational companies, SMEs and, in recent years, Not for Profit organisations across a range of sectors. He founded an international research-based communication consultancy and its reputation for developing and implementing effective integrated internal and external communication strategies and programmes attracted many major companies including British Telecom, Xerox, and Lloyds Bank.
His charity work includes serving as interim Communications and Fundraising Director of Samaritans on two occasions. Robin also provided editorial services and communication counsel to PiA, the primary immunodeficiency patients’ medical charity for over five years.
Key skills & experience
Robin is a communications consultant and his expertise ranges across PR, marketing communications and branding.
Key skills include:
- Marketing planning
- Brand management
- Agency selection/coordination
- Creative and business writing
- Communication research, planning and evaluating, media relations
- Employee communications
- Speaker training
- Counselling and mentoring
- Project management
Robin’s recent projects with Eastside Primetimers include:
- Communication planning consultancy/mentoring projects for five north-west charities (with Disabled children, Sexual Health, Senior citizen and local Community Centre interests) under the Health & Social Care Volunteering Fund
- Project management of an annual communications day (1,600 staff) and employee engagement counsel for one of the UK’s most successful social enterprises, GLL, formerly Greenwich Leisure and now re-branded as Better
- Corporate communication auditing and consultancy for UK Youth and marketing planning for its innovative alternative education Youth Achievement Foundation Network supported by the Youth Sector Development Fund partnership.