Sarah is a qualified professional accountant with over thirty years of experience in the voluntary sector both as senior management and a volunteer.
Until 2015 she was the Deputy Chief Executive and Finance Director of the Wimbledon Guild, a local charity whose aim is to help local people by tackling poverty, supporting aging and mental well-being. Now “semi-retired” Sarah is an accounting consultant for the Voluntary and Community Sector on all aspects of charity finance and some aspects of governance, human resource management and IT.
Key skills & experience
- Thirty years of experience in the voluntary sector
- All aspects of Charity finance
- Some aspects of governance, human resource management and IT
- Interim finance director at Grenfell Housing (now part of Evolve)
- Current chair of her local Voluntary Service Council, which incorporates the Volunteer Centre
- Current trustee and treasurer of a local Charitable Trust
- Financial Mentor to small charities
- Worked on a merger feasibility study