Sheila has spent much of her career in strategic change management and developing new ways ahead for different organisations. Working with a range of different perspectives and across partnerships, she has a strong collaborative focus and is able to distill the key issues and find an agreed way forward.
The majority of Sheila’s career to date has been in the public sector working with both local and central governments in finance and chief executive roles, and more recently in an arm’s length body. Sheila has a passion for impact, outcomes and good governance.
Key skills & experience
- Strategic thinker with change management and business planning skills
- Qualified accountant with an outcomes and efficiency focus
- Commissioning skills
- Strong background working in partnerships, with experience in mergers and joint working between organisations, sharing of service provision, and public private partnership working.
- Health and social care understanding with a background in innovation and testing and scaling new ways of working
- Adept at working in new environments, flexible and adaptable
- Currently working in Wales on two financial health diagnostics
- Developed a programme for more integrated health and social care with Macmillan Cancer through the Society of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Member on the Investment Committee of the Care & Wellbeing Fund to develop and scale community-baseed services to improve health and wellbeing across the country
- Trustee of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark and the British Gas Energy Trust