Toby has over 30 years’ senior management experience working in adult and older people’s mental health, dementia and mental capacity in both statutory and non-statutory organisations. He helps with service and workforce development, policy and legislation affecting health and social care, project management, research, stakeholder and service user engagement.
Toby has extensive experience ranging from being a chair of trustees through to managing and developing frontline mental health services. His specialist areas include working with service users and ‘seldom heard’ groups, rights and equalities, safeguarding, organisational development and partnership working.
Key skills & experience
- Trainer and educator
- Organisational development
- Partnership working
- Experienced with central government, legislative implementation and statutory front line services
- Mental health and community social care expertise
- Experienced researcher and public speaker
- Setting up and coordinating an advisory panel made up of people with dementia and family carers to provide strategic advice and service feedback for Dementia UK
- Designing and delivering training programmes in dementia and an MSc in dementia care for a range of organisations including the University of West London
- Report writing consultancy – All-Party Parliamentary Group on Dementia/Alzheimer’s Society
- Project manager and researcher – researching the information and advice needs of marginalised older people