Warren combines over 25 years as a senior corporate lawyer, with years of experience as a Director and currently Chair of Big Issue Invest, the social finance business of the Big Issue Group. Alongside experience as a charity trustee, he can provide his commercial and legal experience with skills as a strategic leader.
Warren has developed significant experience and skill in providing clients with clear, commercial, practical and solutions driven advice. His principal areas of activity have been in mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, joint ventures and investment transactions and governance and risk management. Throughout his career, he has, in particular, supported entities in the health and social care sector.
Senior management roles within his law firm and Big Issue Invest, have provided Warren with Board level experience in the areas of social finance, corporate governance, strategy development, stakeholder engagement and mentoring.
Warren’s other relevant experience includes being a trustee for a mental health charity and a member of the internal audit, assurance and risk committee of a large social care charity.
Key skills & experience
- Mergers, joint ventures, partnerships and corporate structuring
- Project management
- Contract negotiation
- Due diligence
- Effective board and governance
- Strategy development
- Stakeholder engagement
- Mentoring senior staff
- Advising on a social enterprise/ charity merger, including the negotiation of governance and management and impact agreements
- Skills audit and recruitment of board directors
- Leading a three to five year strategic review for Big Issue Invest