Eastside Primetimers provides a full social enterprise and charity strategy service that is adapted to your business model, the size of your organisation, how long your organisation has been operating and your external environment.
As more and more organisations undertake thorough reviews of their approach in order to adapt to a post-COVID 19 world, we have developed tools and resources to help, including online facilitators, video briefings, stakeholder engagement and project management tools.
Additionally, we specialise in strategy-led governance reviews, because governance is crucial in shaping an organisation’s strategic planning and implementation.
Charity strategy process
We are flexible in our approach, but strongly recommend that these features are included in a good strategic planning process:
- Input from staff, trustees, volunteers and other stakeholders such as partners and beneficiaries/people who use their services
- Horizon scanning the current environment and future opportunities and risks
- A comprehensive organisational strengths review
- Review or development of organisational vision, mission and Theory of Change
- Development of strategic options, supported by robust research and financial modelling
- Development of organisational goals, over a realistic and achievable timeframe
- Identifying success measures
- Reviewing risks and potential mitigations
- Development of a financial plan that mirrors the strategic plan
See our interview with Richard James, chief executive of YMCA St Paul’s Group, who we supported with a virtual strategy process.
Charity strategy implementation
Following the development of a strategic plan, you may find yourself with a range of actions to be implemented to meet your new strategy. Eastside Primetimers can support your implementation including:
- Annual planning and reviews
- Marketing and communications plans
- Income generation strategies and fundraising plans
- IT/digital planning, including digitisation of services/trading and systems to support homeworking
- Governance reviews, skills audits, recruitment and performance reviews
- Merger advice and facilitation
- Organisational restructures, to align staff teams with the new strategy
- Impact and social value measurement and management
We will provide you with a Project Lead who will manage your relationship with us from start to finish and handle any issues that arise. The Project Lead will call on consultants within our membership to ensure you have the expertise your organisation needs to develop a strategy that works for you. We have strategy experts based across the country so you can have a consultant who understands your local context.