At Eastside Primetimers we specialise in strategy-led charity governance reviews. If charity governance is about one thing, it is about ensuring your governance structures allow you to shape your organisation’s strategy and see it delivered.
Are these some of the challenges and issues facing your organisation?
- The Board is not making enough of a contribution, especially to your strategy;
- The Board doesn’t understand the sector you are operating or its challenge is off the mark;
- The Board lacks the right diversity, skills and knowledge
- The Board is unsure how it measures up against the Charity Governance Code for the sector;
- The Board doesn’t act as a single, supportive Board
All skills audits should start with strategy. There are always complexities that need to be added in, but our governance consultants have the experience to know when and how. We have been helping organisations find solutions to their charity governance problems for over a decade, using our in-depth knowledge of the sector and the challenges it faces to help leaders transform the lives of their beneficiaries.
The highest performing boards are diverse, with a good mix of skills and ways of attracting the best people. We specialise in bringing high-level individuals with business or cross-sector backgrounds onto Boards and have built up a network of over 300 high-quality individuals who have first-hand experience of private, public and social sector boards.
Whether you want to shape a new board, fill key roles or simply boost performance, we provide both the insight and the people to make it happen. Read about our recruitment services and how we can help you make a change.
Who we have helped with their charity governance
- Governance reviews forSocial Enterprise UK, the GLL Sports Foundationand SHAK (South Hampstead and Kilburn Community Partnership)
- Structuring and recruiting the entire new Board for Healthwatch Croydon
- A bespoke Leadership Development Coaching Programme for Age UK Islington, during a period of change in the organisatio.
We also run regular roundtable sessions for charities and not-for-profit organisations, focusing on how best to manage your organisation’s trustee Board. Our roundtables provide a forum for 10 or so senior and experienced chief executives, senior managers, chairs and trustees to explore these issues and the solutions that work. These 1.5-2 hour events are designed to provide the space for ideas to be shared, under Chatham House rules.
How can we help you?
For more information, to discuss your options or if you would like to attend a roundtable, contact us on 020 7250 8334 or at email@example.com.