Eastside Primetimers offers specialist executive search and recruitment services for charities and other not-for-profit organisations. With a substantial record of appointing to Board roles for a wide variety of social sector organisations, we have in depth charity sector expertise and a genuine understanding of the intricacies of trustee recruitment.
Getting the best people for your Board
Recruiting trustees and Chairs is different from regular recruitment:
- Fewer people are interested in unpaid roles than for regular, paid work – this means the candidate pool is much smaller
- The reasons why candidates are motivated to take on Board roles are often harder to understand, which can cause uncertainty for less experienced recruiters – how do you place a value on the motivation to put something back or assess their experience?
For all these reasons, many organisations struggle to apply the same rigour to Board recruitment, even though the appointment of the right chair Chair or a top-quality trustee can be mission critical for the organisation. So what have we at Eastside Primetimers learned from 15 years of involvement with trustee and Chair appointments in the charity sector?
- The importance of having a simple process, applied consistently to all candidates
- The importance of being just as thorough and professional as you would be with paid recruitment campaigns
- To spread the net widely and openly so that the process produces a diverse range of candidates
Why work with Eastside Primetimers?
- We are charity sector specialists, with a track record of success in finding Chairs, Treasurer and Trustees for the not for profit sector
- We offer a professional executive search service, taking fresh desk approach to every assignment
- We have been giving career advice to individuals who are interested in working with charities for over 15 years. In that time, we have met and advised over 1000 senior and experienced individuals, and have access to an extensive network of senior talent which we can leverage.
- We are creative and determined – which is the exact combination of skills that is needed
- We work with Action for Trustee Racial Diversity, drawing on their database to reach the widest-possible range of talent.
- Our approach is fully inclusive, reaching a diverse range of potential candidates and searches can be tailored to under-represented groups.
- We are sensibly priced
We ensure that our approach is fully inclusive and reaches a diverse range of potential candidates. We use Applied’s Job Description Analysis Tool, which is focused on improving the inclusivity and conversion rates of the job description/spec such that a richly diverse set of candidates apply (or are not turned away as a result of reading the description).
We believe that the key to effective trustee recruitment is to find ways of identifying networks and organisations that will be in contact with your type of candidate. Our executive search approach includes a targeted search campaign utilising multiple networks as well as a mix of social media and job board advertising. We have found this method to reach a far more diverse pool of candidates that advertising alone would do and have had great results recruiting candidates from under-represented groups using these methods.
Bernice Rook, our Director of Recruitment and Membership, heads up our Board recruitment service. Bernice specialises in the human side of organisations and has a wealth of recruitment experience. She advises on staffing and resourcing issues, board appointments and permanent and interim recruitment. She is also leads on recruiting to, nurturing and maintaining the quality of the Eastside Primetimers consultancy talent pool.
Paul Venning has an impressive track record in executive search and human resources consultancy. His primary focus has been on recruitment, retention, organisational design, benchmarking and development of key talent.
Marlijn Wijkhuizen has many years of experience of working in the not-for-profit sector, designing and heading a variety of successful corporate and community partnerships programmes, as well as driving high-level, strategic volunteer support to charities and social enterprises.
How can we help you?
For more information or to discuss your resourcing needs or recruitment options, contact Bernice on 07973141178 or at email@example.com.