Eastside Primetimers offers specialist executive search and recruitment services for charities and other not-for-profit organisations. With a substantial record of appointing to leadership roles on a permanent basis for a wide variety of social sector organisations, and as a social sector organisation ourselves, we have a genuine understanding of the not for profit sector and of the staffing issues you face.
We have been helping organisations find solutions to their recruitment needs, resourcing issues and skill gaps for many years, using our in-depth knowledge of the sector and our extensive networks to help leaders transform their fortunes and the lives of their beneficiaries.
Why choose Eastside Primetimers?
- We are charity sector specialists working exclusively within the not for profit sector
- We are knowledgeable and experienced, having been providing senior permanent recruitment, interim manager recruitment, board recruitment and consultancy services for the last 15 years
- We have an extensive network of senior level talent which we continually nurture and grow
- We are creative and determined, which is the exact combination of skills that is needed. We undertake a fresh desk approach with every assignment as each role is different, whilst also leveraging our extensive networks.
- We have a track record of success
We generally recommend a combination of targeted advertising and professional search/headhunting techniques when recruiting to permanent roles. Our approach is bespoke and relationship-based. We will take the time to get to know your organisation and to understand your needs, so that we are able to act as ambassadors for you throughout the recruitment process.
We can summarise our general process as follows:
- Establish the recruitment plan and timescales – consulting with the relevant stakeholders to determine needs, context and requirements
- Confirm the detailed brief including job benchmarking, salary setting, putting together the job description, person specification and candidate information pack
- Bespoke advertising and use of networks, search and headhunting – we will be selective about the places we advertise and the networks we will approach. We will not simply rely on advertising but will use professional search/headhunting techniques to find and approach relevant potential candidates.
- Transparent processes that meet the equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusivity test – the process will be clear and transparent to all concerned so that we reach and engage a diverse range of candidates in a way which is fair to all.
- Interviewing, assessment and evaluation of candidates – we would be the first point of contact for all potential candidates, we will go through the applications, shortlist and carry out the first round of interviews. These would be structured, and competency based, focusing on the specific skills, behaviours and characteristics necessary for the role.
- Discussing and presenting short listed candidates – we would provide you with a description and our insight on the top candidates from which we would help you to select the frontrunners for your shortlisting interviews.
- Facilitating your interview process – we are happy to advise/help you plan out your interview process to inform your interview format and decisions.
- Behavioural assessments/Psychometrics – we offer a variety of behavioural assessment services which many of our clients have found to be extremely useful when recruiting to key roles. The assessments provide valuable information which can be used both at the selection stage of the recruitment process, to assist in onboarding your chosen candidate and to look at team dynamics.
- Assisting with the offer negotiations – we can help to land your preferred candidate. We have found that having an intermediary who can assist with the negotiations on salary and terms, take up professional references etc. can be extremely beneficial.
- After care – on your behalf we will professionally feedback to those who have not been successful so that they reflect positively on your organisation.
Bernice Rook, our Director of Membership and Resourcing, heads up our Recruitment Services. Bernice specialises in the human side of organisations and has a wealth of recruitment experience. She advises on staffing and resourcing issues, board appointments and permanent and interim recruitment. She is also responsible for recruiting, nurturing and maintaining the quality of the Eastside Primetimers consultancy talent pool. She previously worked in recruitment for the Vedior Group as Branch Manager at Beresford Blake Thomas and then as regional Resourcing Manager for Randstad. Having gained a master’s degree in Occupational Psychology, Bernice has helped all kinds of businesses to identify gaps and weaknesses in their executive teams and used her extensive experience of leadership resourcing and recruitment to source and secure the right candidates for them.
Paul Venning is our lead consultant. He has an impressive track record and wealth of experience in executive search and human resources consultancy. His primary focus has been on recruitment, retention, organisational design, benchmarking and development of key talent.
Paul and Bernice may be assisted by our in-house research team or other experienced recruitment consultants depending on the requirements of the role.
How can we help you?
For more information or to discuss your resourcing needs or recruitment options, contact Bernice on 07973141178 or at email@example.com.