Eastside Primetimers offers specialist search and recruitment services for charities and other not-for-profit organisations. With a substantial record of appointing to Board roles for a wide variety of social sector organisations, we have in-depth charity sector expertise and a genuine understanding of the intricacies of trustee recruitment.
Getting the best people for your Board
Recruiting trustees and Chairs is different from regular recruitment:
- Fewer people are interested in unpaid roles than for regular, paid work – this means the candidate pool is much smaller
- The reasons why candidates are motivated to take on Board roles are often harder to understand, which can cause uncertainty for less experienced recruiters – how do you place a value on the motivation to put something back or assess their experience?
For all these reasons, many organisations struggle to apply the same rigour to Board recruitment, even though the appointment of the right chair Chair or a top-quality trustee can be mission critical for the organisation. So what have we at Eastside Primetimers learned from 15 years of involvement with trustee and Chair appointments in the charity sector?
- The importance of having a simple process, applied consistently to all candidates
- The importance of being just as thorough and professional as you would be with paid role campaigns
- To spread the net widely and openly so that the process is inclusive and produces a diverse range of candidates
Our trustee recruitment approach
We ensure that our approach is fully inclusive and reaches a diverse range of potential candidates. We use Applied’s Job Description Analysis Tool, which is focused on improving the inclusivity and conversion rates of the job description, such that a richly diverse set of candidates apply. We also work with Action for Trustee Racial Diversity and other specialist networks drawing on their databases to reach the widest-possible range of talent.
We believe that the key to effective trustee recruitment is to find ways of identifying networks and organisations that will be in contact with your type of candidate. Our executive search approach includes a targeted search campaign utilising multiple networks as well as a mix of social media and job board advertising. We have found that these open recruitment methods reach a far more diverse pool of candidates that advertising alone would do and have had great results recruiting candidates from under-represented groups using these methods. For every appointment, our service is underpinned by good planning, honest advice and proactive stakeholder engagement.
How can we help you?
For more information or to discuss your resourcing needs or recruitment options, contact Bernice on 07973 141178 or at email@example.com.