Sport and Leisure Sector Support
Eastside Primetimers works with a range of organisations in the sport and leisure sector, helping them to address unique challenges and take advantage of opportunities. This includes national, regional and local leisure trusts, in addition to local and national sports organisations.
The support our diverse pool of consultants are able to offer sport and leisure organisations has included:
- Strategic direction and business planning: we have surveyed sport and leisure organisations on the issues they face and advised them on diversification, sharing of services, new operating models and how to become health and wellbeing providers. We have also assisted individual organisations to draw up plans that will underpin the next stage of their development
- Mergers and partnerships: some organisations can enhance their reach by joining forces with compatible partners. This might be to share back-office costs, to mount joint bids for contracts or even to merge outright to form a newer and stronger combined organisation, as we helped Abbeycroft and Anglia Leisure to do. Merger can also help position leisure trusts to grow in order to win new contracts that will diversify your portfolio, reducing reliance on home contracts. Eastside Primetimers is experienced in helping organisations to find the right partners for them, facilitating discussions and assisting with complex merger implementation
- Contract bidding and readiness: many sport and leisure organisations remain heavily financially dependent on relatively few contracts, or often a single local authority ‘home’ contract. We have enabled organisations such as Abbeycroft Leisure in Suffolk to reach out and diversify, by developing the in-house expertise to scope opportunities and bid to run new services
- Social investment: as one of the leading consultancies for investment readiness, we are working with sport and leisure organisations to support them with due diligence and link them to social investors, to ensure they secure and structure the right deal for them
- Social impact: we have supported leisure providers to draw up a theory of change so they can measure and report the impact they make within their communities
- Data protection: the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force in May 2018 and will require organisations like leisure trusts to demonstrate that they comply with stringent new measures around the personal information, privacy and consent of their members and customers. This will make having a documented strategy demonstrating how your activities meet GDPR and other existing privacy laws vital, which Eastside Primetimers is already assisting leisure trusts with
- Financial modelling: with our financial modelling expertise, we are able to support leisure trusts to develop both contract models and adaptable tools they can continue to use to assess future opportunities
- Governance: strong, effective board governance is vital to allow sport and leisure organisations to assess their strategic and financial position in a challenging environment – we have helped charities and leisure trusts to find new highly-qualified trustees and better structure their board arrangements
How can we help you?
Please call us now on 020 7250 8334 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a conversation about how we can help your organisation to develop.
Abbeycroft Leisure“The support secured through the Big Potential programme and provided by Eastside Primetimers has been invaluable. It has enabled Abbeycroft Leisure to respond quickly to opportunities by building a number of models that enable a better response to contracts. This has included financial modelling, contract documents, mobilisation and project management documents. Eastside Primetimers are also helping the Board and Senior Leadership Team with future options for growth and refining the approaches to this next stage of development”
Warren Smyth, Chief Executive Absolutely Leisure“Eastside Primetimers consultant Neil Shearer assisted us with a strategy workshop – this workshop promoted us to revisit a previous piece of work from a different perspective. The outcome has been that we’ve developed an innovative new stream of business that has added 25% to our revenue. I think it’s safe to say that the strategy workshop proved a valuable investment in time and thinking”
Gregory Sinclair, Managing Director Active Luton“We are very grateful for the support provided by the Eastside Primetimers team – it is impossible to overstate how much the support has meant to us and how integral to our success it has been. Being able to call upon such a supportive, knowledgeable, inspirational and patient group of people has been invaluable as our trust seeks to begin engaging with the public health agenda”
Helen Barnett, Chief Executive Chanctonbury Community Leisure“From the initial consultation through to the confirmation of support, the process was made incredibly smooth by Eastside Primetimers. The professional approach enabled CCL to successfully apply for an Access Reach Grant, which in turn provided the charity with the services of Eastside Primetimers consultant Mike Taylor. Mike proved to be extremely knowledgeable regarding our sector which greatly assisted in formulating the bid to CAF Venturesome. Despite the constraints brought about by the uncertainty surrounding the easing of lockdown and the associated impact of COVID-19, Mike produced a thorough short-to-medium-term strategic business plan for the charity, covering the multiple strands of our business and ensuring that relative sensitivities were applied throughout. This huge, and ultimately successful, piece of work was formulated and presented in a relatively short time-frame. Chanctonbury Community Leisure would like to pass on our thanks to Mike Taylor and Eastside Primetimers for their professional and expert assistance as well as their continued enthusiasm and support to see the aims of the Charity harnessed and achieved”
Andrew Dunstan, Operations Director and Trustee Vision Redbridge“The support that Eastside Primetimers provided first of all helped us to take time out to think about where we stood as an organisation and how we could move forward. It then led to us developing strategies and processes in a range of areas that will better position us to deliver new services and help us express our social value in our local community in Redbridge, in line with our values”
Iain Varah, Chief executive Wave Leisure Trust“We want to be the best we can be and lead the way on key aspects within our sector, such as GDPR compliance. The Wave Team is positive about the required changes we have identified for compliance and by utilising the professional GDPR services of Eastside Primetimers, I have no doubt that we will successfully reach our objectives”
Duncan Kerr, CEO Wave Leisure Trust“I would have no hesitation in recommending Eastside Primetimers GDPR consultant Mike Griffin, he is clearly very knowledgeable and experienced within the field of GDPR and has eased our journey towards compliance”
Duncan Kerr, CEO